05/11/2023 – Group of four armed bandits invaded a maintenance base at Domingos de Moraes Station (Line 8 – Diamante), in Lapa, West Zone. It was early night when the outlaws invaded the metro base, submitted the workers, and robbed a maintenance truck. Police has been called and could get the truck back with its heavy materials, only small material has not been found. Only one criminal has been arrested.
This Content Is Only For Subscribers
To unlock this content, subscribe to MOVI NEWS.
06/11/2023 – Man was shot dead after invading the 50th Police Precinct in Itaim Paulista, East Zone. The man entered the police station with knifes, attacked cops, resisted to the taser, attacked cops once again and has been finally shot. He died at the hospital. In the confusion, a cop has been wounded, but has been rescued and is now out of danger.
09/11/2023 – Police arrested a fugitive, and city hall closed irregular guesthouses in downtown “Cracolândia”. Operation took place in the same sector where a shop has been assaulted on November, 01st, and terminated with the arrestation of a fugitive and the closure of 2 irregular guesthouses that were used for the addicts to make their affairs.
09/11/2023 – Two suspects were arrested and one fleed on Marginal Tietê, North Zone, after a gunfight and a pursuit. The bandits are suspected of being part of a freight robbery specialized gang. The pursuit began when the police arrive to get the suspects. Indeed, they are supposedly involved in the murder of a cargo truck driver during a coup, by the end of October 2023.
10/11/2023 – “The Tinder coup” has been the background of the kidnapping of a 52yo man and his driver in Cidade Tiradentes, East Zone. Indeed, the man was waiting for a girl, in an app taxi, for them to get out for their 3rd date, when 3 men arrive in another car and kidnapped the waiting men. The bandits took all the cards with access codes, and all the available cash.
11/11/2023 – A vegetables seller was shot dead in the head by a manioc seller during a fair in Freguesia do Ó, North Zone. The victim was defending his girlfriend from the harassment of the shooter. The girl has been shot in the arm but has been rescued and is out of danger. The 23yo criminal is now a fugitive, and his gun has not been found.
11/11/2023 – A retired police officer and his wife were robbed on Rodovia Fernão Dias, North Zone, the officer reacted and killed both of their attackers. The couple was on a high brand motorcycle when 2 bandits on another high brand motorcycle, stolen the day before, attacked them. The retired cop took his gun and shot dead the outlaws. Police Ombuds office asked Public Minister and the Civil Police to lead an inquiry for suspecting an execution, as 13 rounds were shot and one of the bandits was under control.
12/11/2023 – Police arrested suspects of the mass robbery that occurred after the RBD show, in Morumbi Sadium, South Zone. The 2 suspects were placed under custody and 4 cell phones were found and returned to their owner. This mass robbery was the third as two more robberies were filed on 9 and 10 November, in Rio de Janeiro, during the band’s concerts.
14/11/2023 – 6 Nigerian passengers were caught red handed by the Feds in São Paulo International Airport, with drugs in their stomachs. They were caught during a routine control operation of the Federal Police and the Customs on a flight to Ethiopia, when one of the passengers presents a suspicious attitude. Further exams, made at the hospital, shown that all had swallowed a big quantity of cocaine balls. They were placed in custody for international drugs trafficking.
14/11/2023 – A man has been caught red handed transporting explosives in a taxi, in Santa Cecília, downtown São Paulo. Police was called as the man was in a bar telling he would take these explosives to the courthouse. During the control, police officers found 8 emulsions explosives and 6 percussion caps and had to call the Bomb Squad on the spot. The man has been put in custody and is being investigated for illegal possession of restricted use firearms.
15/11/2023 – A man has been murdered head shot in front of his wife during a hold-up in Vila Sônia, West Zone. The couple was waiting for a friend in their car to protect from the bad weather. 2 motorcycles passed by them, noticed they were inside the car and returned to execute their felony. According to witnesses, it is not known if the couple reacted while being assaulted, but a shot was fired, and the husband fell dead outside his car.
19/11/2023 – Business owner has been kidnapped by a “Pix gang” and was rescued by his wife after sharing his geolocation, in Vila Andrade, South SP. The victim was returning home when bandits kidnap him searching for access codes to enter the bank application. As the victim had the habit to share his position with his wife, she could call the Police for support. The husband has been rescued by the police, and 2 of the 4 criminals were arrested.
20/11/2023 – Retired 57yo police officer was shot dead during a robbery in a shop, in Tatuapé, East SP. The man was at the cashier, ending his groceries, when 3 bandits announce the assault. They targeted the victim with his gold collar and decided to search him. They found a gun and knew he was a former cop. Then, he was shot in the head. The police were called and after a pursuit, 2 of the outlaws were arrested and the shooter has escaped.
22/11/2023 – 23yo young man has been executed in front of a motorcycle garage in Capão Redondo, West SP. The victim was in conflict with a 27yo man, pretendant of victim´s sister. Indeed, as the suspect had already criminal record, the victim refused the suspect to meet his sister. The suspect did not like the victim´s attitude, neither the fact that the victim had filled a complaint for harassment. The criminal then went to the garage, pushed the victim outside and shot him down. The criminal has fled immediately after the crime.
22/11/2023 – A shootout took place in Rua Elvira Ferraz, Vila Olímpia, South SP, as a police officer caught red handed 3 young bandits (19, 17 and 16) on 2 motorcycles assaulting another biker as he was entering a parking lot. Indeed, when the police officer stops his motorcycle to hang his cell phone, he saw the bandits announcing the hold up. He intervened and the criminals then began the shootout. The youngest has been wounded at the leg and arrested with the other teenager, only the oldest could flee.
26/11/2023 – Robbery attempt left 3 dead in Morumbi, South SP. A couple on a high brand motorcycle was entering their residence when 3 bandits on 2 motorcycles announce the assault. One of the criminals shot at the victims. An off-duty police officer arrived at this precise moment and started to shoot towards the bandits. He killed 2 and wounded the third. After that, the husband started to attack an injured criminals with his biker helmet and was shot dead by the police officer, who took him by one of the robbers.
29/11/2023 – 66yo university professor has been shot dead during a carjacking attempt, in Jardim Mirante, South SP. The victim was parking his car along the sidewalk of the street when 3 bandits came to announce the assault. The man tried to flee with his car, but the criminals shot at him, and then ran away. He was rescued but died at the hospital.
29/11/2023 – A fugitive has been arrested in Itaquera, East SP, after he and a colleague assaulted a bodega, and tried to shoot a victim. A police patrol was alerted by 2 victims. The officers found the criminals robbing a bodega and began a siege. One of the bandits ran away, while the other has been arrested. He confessed he was running from the police since last September, when he beneficiated of a free time out of the prison and did not return back to his cell at the end of his permission.
TRENDS & ADVICE
- Stay away from any protest most likely to occur in the city center, including Avenida Paulista, the MASP, Praça do Ciclista, Praça da Sé, Largo da Batata and Praça da Republica.
- Monitor the local media in order to circumvent protest locations, including social media.
- If caught in a demonstration: remain still and take the time to see which way the crowd is going; attempt to leave the area by going against the movement of the crowd; avoid using your mobile phone, taking pictures or filming the demonstration; go to the nearest building as soon as possible and wait until the situation clears; try to avoid contact with security forces if possible.
- Considering the high crime rate in São Paulo, business travelers and expatriates should comply with safety rules in order to reduce the risk linked to violent crime. In case of an assault, it is strictly recommended not to resist the attackers and avoid making any sharp movement that may irritate the assailants, who do not hesitate to open fire.
- Avoid, if possible, circulating through the neighborhoods in the East Zone due to the high rates of various crimes.
- Pay attention when trying to meet new people on the internet as criminals use the dating app and social networks to apply scams.
- Due to several police operations, drug users previously concentrated in a region called “Cracolândia” have spread across downtown, leading to an increase in petty crimes. Hence, avoid walking around with your cell phone in your hand, in addition to wearing jewels and expensive watches.
- The number of express kidnappings has increased lately due to a new method (PIX) that allows people to easily transfer money using bank apps. Cooperate in order to mitigate the risk of violence.
- Attention to the windows when inside a vehicle. Keep them closed, as criminals use heavy traffic to rob passengers that expose valuables.
- Keep in mind useful numbers: Emergency police number (190), and São Paulo tourist Police (+55 11 3120 4447).