This Content Is Only For Subscribers
To unlock this content, subscribe to MOVI NEWS.
02/04/2022 – A 17-year-old teenager was apprehended by the Municipal Civil Guard of Santos (GCM) after stealing a bicycle valued at R$1,000 on the beachfront of José Menino beach. According to the incident report, officers were on patrol when they were called by the victim. With the physical characteristics of the minor, officers went in search and managed to find him meters ahead.
05/04/2022 – A kiosk on the promenade of Ponta da Praia was stolen by three criminals. The case was recorded by surveillance cameras. The thieves arrived by boat, which was stopped in the water, leaning against the wall of Ponta da Praia. Two of them jumped the wall and went to the commercial establishment.
06/04/2022 – A 42-year-old man was shot during an attempted robbery on Avenida Doutor Epitácio Pessoa, in the Aparecida neighborhood. A police team went to the scene to investigate the case and found that the victim was walking around when an armed criminal tried to rob him. However, the man took advantage of an opportunity to dodge and that’s when the bandit fired in his direction. The criminal fled.
11/04/2022 – The Federal Police (PF), in a joint action with the Federal Revenue Service, seized 236 kg of cocaine in a shipment of paper rolls at the Port of Santos. The cargo was destined for Egypt, but would stop at the Port of Algeciras, in Spain.
14/04/2022 – Four men were arrested for theft at a state school in the Encruzilhada neighborhood. The case reached the Municipal Civil Guard (GCM) through a complaint. After the complaint, a team was sent to the scene and found the thieves inside the school. With them, stolen objects were recovered, such as a large number of electrical wires, office and cleaning supplies, computer equipment, a cell phone and tools used in the crime.
18/04/2022 – A man was arrested for stealing electrical wires from the Rubens Ferreira Martins Tunnel in the Jabaquara neighborhood. Monitoring cameras from the Operational Control Center (CCO) caught the man hanging from a tree cutting the wiring that runs through the vegetation near the tunnel. The man was approached by Municipal Guard and Military Police officers and was arrested.
20/04/2022 – A 37-year-old man was arrested for drug trafficking in the Marapé neighborhood. Police officers went to his house to carry out a search and seizure warrant, when officers arrived at the property, they found 62 portions of cocaine packaged for sale. The material was seized, and the criminal arrested.
24/04/2022 – Four men were arrested after participating in a robbery at a pharmacy on Avenida Senador Feijó, in the Encruzilhada neighborhood. A Military Police team that was on patrol came across a parked vehicle that would be involved in the crime. During the police approach, criminals were in a cellar with stolen cell phones and money. It was seized with them, in addition to cell phones and money, medicines, hygiene products and the vehicle involved in the theft.
TRENDS & ADVICE
- Be cautious when in the vicinity of Embaré, Ponto da Praia, Campo Grande, Rádio Clube, Downtown and Estuário.
- Never visit neighborhoods on the hills, such as Morro de São Bento, Jabaquara, Saboo and others.
- The waterfront has many incidents of opportunistic thefts, never display wealth and avoid walks there during the night.
- Residences in the of Pompeia, Gonzaga, Boqueirão, Embaré, Aparecida, Estuário and Ponta da Praia are frequently targeted by thieves. Make sure your building is well protected.
- Be cautious at all times, including in areas perceived as safe.
- Avoid any display of wealth (jewelry, mobile phones), but always carry a small amount of money (R$50) to hand over to muggers if attacked.
- In case of robbery: cooperate, do not try to run after the assailant as they might be armed or resort to violence.
- In case of kidnapping:
- Cooperate in order to mitigate the risk of violence, and do not lie or provide false information to your kidnappers.
- Bear in mind that the vast majority of kidnappings are financially motivated, and that negotiation may be lengthy.