03/03/2023 – A woman’s car taken after a kidnapping in the Marazul neighborhood. According to the woman’s report to the Military Police, she was surrendered by two men. One of them wore a ninja cap and the other remained wearing a helmet. After having the car taken in the robbery, she was held hostage in the vehicle at gunpoint, suffering verbal aggression and threats. She said she was only released after the car tire flat and asked for help. The motorcycle rider was approached by the military when he arrived home. When questioned, he confessed to being involved in the crime. The criminal also said that the car was hidden. Inside the vehicle was the cap used in the crime. The victim’s cell phone, a jacket used in the robbery and R$ 310 reais were also in the vehicle.
This Content Is Only For Subscribers
To unlock this content, subscribe to MOVI NEWS.
12/03/2023 – Military Police carried out an operation against drug trafficking in the Guaraná district. Cocaine, marijuana and cash were seized. It happened when officers from the Approach Group started to monitor an app vehicle, suspected of participating in drug traffic. From the location of the vehicle, the police proceeded to approach and found the material. Two teenagers and three adults were arrested.
16/03/2023 – The Espírito Santo Civil Police (PCES) carried out an operation to comply with search and seizure warrants in the Barra do Riacho neighborhood. During the operation, the police seized a gun and drugs.
18/03/2023 – Military police officers from the Tactical Force were carrying out motorized tactical patrols in the Nova Conquista neighborhood, when they observed an individual in a suspicious attitude leaving a forested area, and upon noticing the presence of the vehicle, he fled. The military did several searches around the place, where they found 486 cocaine pins buried.
23/03/2023 – After fleeing to a house in Barra do Sahy, First Command of the Capital (PCC) leader was arrested. He is appointed as head of the “Rat Troop”, responsible for 18 deaths in the last three years. In addition, they are investigated for planning attacks on civil police officers, in revenge for an action that took place in March of this year. The arrest took place after a Military Police siege to the house where Magno was hiding. He was alone and armed, with 75 rounds of ammunition, but he did not try to resist.
TRENDS & ADVICE
- In terms of property crimes, even though scams and frauds are the most common, pedestrian robberies are the most concerning type of crime, due to frequency and potential consequences.
- The most critical period of the day is from 18:00 to 23:00, whe most robberies happen.
- The urbanized areas are the most targeted: Centro, Bela Vista, Vila Nova, Barra do Sahy, and Jacupemba.
- During the holidays and Summer season, incidents are likely to increase, since the influx of tourists attracts more petty crimes.
- Empty and unprotected facilities – homes and offices – are also the constant target of burglars.
- Avoid any display of wealth (jewelry, cell phones), but always carry a small amount of money (R$50) to hand over to muggers.
- In case of robbery: cooperate, do not try to run after the assailant as he or she might not be alone or turn violent.
- Avoid walking alone in poorly lit areas or beaches after nightfall.
- Be cautious at all times, including in areas perceived as safe.