02/08/2022 – A joint action by the Robbery and Theft Police Station (DRF) and the Federal Highway Police (PRF) seized about 250 kilos of marijuana. The seizure was during an operation on the BR-101 highway, which ended with three people arrested.
This Content Is Only For Subscribers
To unlock this content, subscribe to MOVI NEWS.
04/08/2022 – A man suspected of stabbing the leader of a religion of African origin to death in Angra dos Reis was arrested in the Barra da Tijuca neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro. The crime took place on 19 July, in the victim’s house, in Japuíba neighborhood. The body was only found on the 26, seven days later, after family members and neighbors felt a bad smell. According to the Civil Police, forensic examinations showed that the 70-year-old victim had nine stab wounds.
09/08/2022 – A man suspected of involvement with drug trafficking died during a shooting with police in Morro do Carmo, Angra dos Reis’ central region. According to the Civil Police, officers went to the place to check a complaint about drug sale in alleys and staircases in the community. As soon as they arrived, they were met with shots. A 27-year-old man was shot and died. The others managed to flee towards a forested area in the community.
15/08/2022 – A shooting between military police and drug dealers ended with a man arrested in Morro do Santo Antônio. Officers were patrolling the community and were shot at by at least four criminals. During the shooting, three managed to escape and one of them, aged 37, was caught and arrested. He had a pistol replica, cocaine, a drug known as “skank”, marijuana, crack, “loló” and four radios used for communication between drug dealers.
16/08/2022 – A shooting was recorded in the Sapinhatuba 3 neighborhood, near the Rio-Santos Highway (BR-101). By the sounds the shots were fired from large caliber weapons. It is not yet known whether it was between criminal groups or between criminals and the police.
18/08/2022 – A man died after a shooting with Military Police (PM) in Morro do Santo Antônio. According to the Military Police (PM), officers were patrolling the place when they were attacked by gunfire and retaliated. With the criminal, the PM found a gun, drugs, and a communicator.
TRENDS & ADVICE
- Shootouts remain the main risk facing personnel in Angra dos Reis. Several security operations related to drug trafficking were also registered this month.
- In the case of being in the immediate vicinity of a shootout:
- Lay on the ground and seek cover.
- When it is safe to do so, find the nearest building, stay away from windows, do not move until the gunfire has clearly ended.
- Be cautious when in the vicinity of ‘communities’, particularly: Downtown, Parque Belém, Sapinhatuba I, Sapinhatuba II, Sapinhatuba III, Areal, Parque Mambucaba and Morro da Glória.
- Avoid stopping on BR-101 roadside, due to cases of robberies, especially in the most isolated areas.
- After nightfall, avoid circulating on the BR-101, due to the increased risk of robbery and assault.